Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fairytale Time - Sleeping Beauty

I am doing our weekly Fairytale Time with my kids, but I have been really bad about remembering to take pictures while we do it, and it just isn't fun to blog without including photos.
But I did get some shots of this one, so I wanted to tell you all about it.

This is the book we read. It is full of amazing illustrations, and I love picture books that are pretty to look at. The text is a little long, but for me, the illustrations won out.

Our activity for this book was A SLUMBER PARTY!

One of my daughter's very good friends was about to move away, and we wanted to have her over for one last sleep over before she left. We started the evening off by reading our fairytale and then they had some free play time.

The girls played all sorts of little girl things, but they were sure to make time to play with the set of magnet dolls my daughter was given by this friend for her birthday last year. There were two girls in the set: One with blue eyes and blond hair, like my girl, and one with curly dark hair and tan skin, like her friend. It was the perfect gift because it was THEM!

After all the playing, we made some treats and settled down in the living room with blankets and pillows to stay up late watching a movie. Sleeping Beauty of course!

Then it was time for these beauties to snuggle down and get some sleep themselves! They chose to share the bed rather than have one of them on the floor in a sleeping bag. Adorable!

This was an especially easy Fairytale Time, since it didn't require me to do much more than pass out treats and tuck one extra child into bed, but it meant the world to my girl to have one last bash before her friend had to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...