Monday, March 21, 2011

Chocolate Haystacks

We made these quick no-bake cookies on a whim. I thought I had coconut in the freezer, but all I had was leftover coconut I'd toasted for a previous treat. I went ahead and used it, (who wants to drag all the kids out to the supermarket in the cold and snow for one ingredient?) and it turned out fine, so there you go.

Here is how you make 'em:

In a large bowl, combine 3 cups oatmeal, 1 cup shredded coconut, (or toasted coconut!) and 4 tablespoons cocoa.

Stir to combine.

In a small pot, combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine, 2 cups sugar, and 1/2 cup milk. Cook over medium heat until it reaches a full boil. Boil hard for one minute.


Pour the sugar mixture over the oatmeal mixture.

Mix it all up.

Drop by spoonfuls onto sheets of waxed paper. Let them cool and set for about 10 minutes or so.

Sit back and watch how fast they disappear.

1 comment:

  1. Marie, I'm so glad you keep this blog. Did you know that my 12 year old niece reads it and keeps it on her side bar? You're an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...