Saturday, October 8, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

I was feeling festive when I woke up, so we tried a new muffin for breakfast today. It was easy and quick, and to be honest, tasted better than I had really expected them to.

Recipe from Company's Coming, 'muffins and more'

In a large bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1 teaspoon baking powder, 1 teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon ginger, 1/2 cup raisins (I skipped this, since none of us really like raisins in our baking)

In a smaller bowl, beat 1 egg until frothy.


Mix in 1/4 cup sugar,1/3 cup oil.


Add 1 cup cooked pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling, just plain pumpkin) and 1/2 cup of milk.


Mix it up.

Make a well in the dry ingredients, and add the wet ingredients. Mix until moistened.


Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes in pan, then remove to cooling rack.



Serve them warm.


Like I said, I was pleasantly surprised by these muffins. Warm with butter and honey they were really, really yummy. We ate them until the basket was empty.


I made them in honor of the Thanksgiving weekend, but my kids pointed out that we could make them again in just a couple of weeks for Halloween, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...