Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thanksgiving Storybooks

We got a few books from our local library last week to get us in a Thanksgiving mood and I thought I'd pass on the titles in case you were looking for something to read with your littles.

Franklin's grandparents aren't able to travel to his home for Thanksgiving this year. Franklin is disappointed, but in the end their whole community has a wonderful feast with his family, and he has a happy Thanksgiving after all.
This was a good book to get some information (very light, and easy for kids) about the holiday's origins. When we started reading it, my boys asked if we were starting our Letter of the Week project over again, since many titles were 'A is for,' 'B is for,' etc. Ha! I learned a few things myself!

Arthur is directing the school Thanksgiving play, and everyone has an idea of which part they want to play, but no one wants to be the turkey at the end. What is Arthur to do?

Hope you enjoy, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...