Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Koolaid or Jello?

My eight-year-old was very excited for April Fools Day this year. He's a big reader, and in a book he recently read, (I think it was Otis Spofford by Beverly Cleary) one of the characters is always playing tricks on the other kids and it filled him with anticipation.

Since he was looking forward to it, I wanted to do something funny for him too. So I made Koolaid. Or was it Jello?

After I'd tucked the kids in on March 31st, I made a package of green jello (just happened to be what I had on hand), and instead of pouring it into dishes, I poured it into a cup and stuck it into the fridge.

Then in the morning, I pulled it out and asked if anyone wanted to have a drink of my 'Koolaid.' That is a rare treat around here, so they jumped at it. But when they tipped the cup, of course nothing came out.

He thought it was HILARIOUS!!! Then I let him use the cup to fool his dad and his younger siblings.

So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...