Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Summer Resolutions

It has been a while! We've moved and with the computer packed away, I got out of the habit of blogging, and now that the computer is set up again, life seems to have gotten particularly busy as we make our new house into our new home.

BUT - I don't want to let myself get so busy with all those tasks (finishing the basement, refinishing furniture, decorating the new baby room.....) that I miss out on summertime with my kiddos. So here are my summertime resolutions:

1. Go to at least two different parks each week: a family favorite, and a new, never-played-here-before. (This is in addition to the quicky trips to the playground across the street. These are special trips to the park.)

2.  Get wet as often as possible - at least 4 days/week, weather permitting.  This includes backyard sprinkler time, outdoor water parks, swimming pools, beaches, and lakes. Just outside and wet.

3. Try a new homemade Popsicle recipe every week. (thank-you, Pinterest)

4. Be sure I spend some time playing with the kids everyday. Not just seeing to their needs, but playing.


I can do it.  In fact, I'm pretty sure I'll get this done, and have lots of my projects undone at summer's end.  Oh well, projects keep, kids don't.

1 comment:

  1. Blah, I haven't met you for the "new-to-us" playground Wednesdays yet, it's been crazy busy around here. Soon I hope.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...