Saturday, December 11, 2010

Candy Corn Cupcakes

I saw cupcakes like this on a great website called Our Best Bites. It has lots of fun ideas for making cute and special foods for just about every occasion, and so far, I've been able to make my own at home with good results.

I was looking for a treat to bring to my daughter's kindergarten class for the Halloween party, and when I saw these I knew it was love. And it was simple too!

(This is my result. Not one from the website. If mine can turn out this well, yours can for sure!)


You start out by making your favorite white cake recipe. Mix or scratch, it shouldn't matter.

Divide batter into two bowls, and add yellow food coloring to one, and orange to the other. (you'll want to make less yellow than orange, since the yellow layer of candy corn is smaller than the orange layer)

Put white paper liners into muffin tins, and spoon in the yellow batter. Spoon in the orange batter over top. Bake as usual.

When they are cool, make a batch of your favorite butter-cream icing, and just leave it white. (I imagine you could also use store-bought icing if you'd rather) You could just spread it with a knife, but if you pipe it on with a bag and star-tip, you can have a pretty swirl of icing.

Add a candy corn or two, and voila! A perfect cupcake for a children's Halloween party.

My tray full of success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...