Saturday, December 11, 2010

Candy Corn Puffs

My friend had some adorable tissue paper puff decorations in her house at Halloween last year that I just loved. They were from Martha Stewart and looked like candy corn. So cute! This year I really wanted some for my own home, but I didn't want to spend the money to buy the actual brand name ones. So, I made them myself!

They were easy. First I layered my colors of tissue with yellow, orange and white, (Just used one layer of white since candy corns have just a bit of white on the tip).

Then I followed the same procedure as making any other puff,


And look at this great result! I snipped rounded edges on my puffs, but the Martha ones were spiky. If you wanted to do it that way, you'd just have to snip a point, like the tip of a triangle, instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...