Thursday, March 3, 2011

Humpty Dumpty

We made this make-it-up-as-you-go craft the other day, and it has become a surprising favourite for my guy to be playing with, so I thought I'd pass it on.

We started by tracing an oval shape and cutting it out. This was the egg and main portion of his body.

Then we traced the oval again on blue paper, to make pants, and cut it off a little lower than the center of the shape. We added some glue and attached it to the bottom of the white oval.

Then we added the face. It was so funny - after he had glued on the googly eyes and drawn a (rather wobbly) smile, he looked at it and said, "He looks like Cookie Monster!" Ha!


Then comes the tricky part. We cut two strips of paper from the blue sheet, and two from the white. Then he worked hard to fold the paper back and forth accordion style the entire length. Fine motor development!

We glued on the blue for the legs and the white for the arms.

Then when I thought we were done, I was informed he needed a hat. Ummm, sure.
He loves that he is so 'bouncy,' and has been dancing him across tabletops ever since.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...