Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter Egg Rolling

If your family is like mine, you probably spent some time around your kitchen table dying eggs this week. And it was fun.

But now what? I don't actually like to eat hard boiled eggs, and those that are all kinds of funky colours inside kind of weird me out. So what are we supposed to do with these eggs?

An Easter Egg Roll!


It is a tradition from my husband's family and we have brought it into our own. (I remember doing it once as a child with my own cousins, but this is a serious tradition for my hubby. You just don't skip this when Easter 'rolls' around.)


The materials needed are pretty basic: Dyed eggs and a hill. We hike to the top of the hill, and roll the eggs down. I acknowledge, this sounds strange. But it is actually really fun.


And there are plenty of games you can play while you roll them. You can choose an opponent, and both of you roll at the same time to see whose can go the farthest. You can roll the same egg over and over and see whose egg can go down the hill the most times before it breaks. Or you can set up a target at the bottom and see if you can land on it.


And then, there is the entertainment of watching the egg explode when the strain finally does it in.


It is great fun, and a way to use up those dyed eggs. Give it a try.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit that after 6 years in this area where I have become exposed to egg-rolling, I still don't get it. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...