Monday, August 15, 2011

Deluxe S'mores

We are a camping family, and every summer we spend a few weekends in the great outdoors. We love it, but perhaps the best part is the ooey-gooey goodness of s'mores.

We have always done pretty standard ones: graham cracker, roasted marshmallow and a couple of squares of chocolate. Fabulous, yes? Absolutely.

But several months ago I saw an idea on a blog to try different fillings on s'mores and I thought that sounded like such fun. (I really did try to find it again so I could hyperlink it to my post, but I can't seem to find it. Sorry)

So this weekend when we headed out with our tents and sleeping bags, I made a quick run to Walmart to pick up some new and exciting ingredients.

We came up with so many yummy combinations!





This is a peanut butter cup with roasted marshmallow on graham.


We ditched the traditional graham completely and had roasted marshmallows on Oreo cookies.


The Oreo variety was the favourite for this boy. He seriously ate 4 or 5 of them.


I tasted many different ones, but I think that the substitution of Caramilk bars for the regular chocolate was my favorite.


This is a white chocolate with cookie bits version. Finger lickin' good.


Of course you can't go wrong just eating the ingredients plain, too!


We also did chocolate bars with almonds in them. They weren't a huge hit all around. I liked them, but it turns out I'm the only nut fan in the family. And there were standard s'mores available too. Gotta love the classics, after all.

The more variations we tried, the more wonderful they were! And it really got my mind spinning. Why not add butterscotch chips to a s'more? Or toffee bits? Cinnamon hearts? Jr. Mints? There are so many ideas to try!


Happy Camping!

1 comment:

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...