Saturday, January 28, 2012

Candy Party Invitations

When I started planning my son's candy birthday party, the very first thing I thought of was how I wanted to do the invitations. I love this invitation, and if I was a kid, I'd love to get one!

While his party wasn't a 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' party, per say, there is no denying that the Wonka world is a big part of child's sweet shop fantasy. So playing off the Golden Ticket idea from the book, we made our own Wonka Bars with tickets inside.

I wanted our bars to look like the classic ones in the original movie, so I printed off these Wonka wrappers. I bought Caramilk bars to wrap them around, because Caramilk uses gold foil on their bar and I thought it would look better.

Then I found an image of a golden ticket from the movie online and with a little Photoshop magic, we tweaked it to invite the kids to the birthday party, rather than a factory tour.

I took off the Caramilk paper, and wrapped the ticket around the gold foil.

Then wrapped and taped the Wonka wrappers into place. Perfect. They looked exactly like the bars in the movie and I just loved them. And how happy would you be to get a chocolate bar with your invitation? So great.


4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I have no idea how to locate the above wrapper quickly, by any chance would you email a copy of it to me?
    Thanks,
    Denice
    denismith88@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is good knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic. bulk candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes i am totally agreed with this article and i just want say that this article is very nice and very informative article.I will make sure to be reading your blog more. You made a good point but I can't help but wonder, what about the other side? !!!!!!Thanks conference room equipment setup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. sweet sixteen invitations

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...