Thursday, February 2, 2012

Last Minute Groundhog's Day Fun


Sometime 'smaller' holiday sneak up on me and I don't have much planned. Luckily, I have a few things tucked into my back pocket for just such occasions, one of which is including a song or two into our day.

Here are a couple little ditties that you can do with your kiddies in honour of Groundhog's Day, no prep time needed.

Mr. Groundhog (to the tune of Frere Jacques)

Mr. Groundhog, Mr. Groundhog,
Are you there? Are you there?
Will you see your shadow?
Will you see your shadow?
On this day. Groundhog's Day.

I'm a Little Groundhog (to the tune of I'm a Little Teapot)

I'm a little groundhog, furry and brown.
I'm popping up to have a look around.
If I see my shadow, down I'll go.
Six more weeks of winter, oh no!



Another quick and easy way to incorporate an activity into your day is to do a themed colouring page. A little visit to Google images, and you can find a printable colouring page for just about everything.

I also found a couple of printable Groundhog's Day word searches. There is an easier one here for preschoolers - kindergartners, and a harder one here for grade level kids.

Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...