Monday, February 14, 2011

A Visit From Cupid

My husband teases me that I have created a 'nocturnal patron' for every occasion. Naturally Santa Claus comes and leaves gifts during the night, and not surprisingly the Easter Bunny does the same thing. Then, of course, there is the Tooth Fairy who comes by night as well. But my children also get visited by leprechauns on St. Patrick's Day and a Magic School Bus on the night before their first day of school.

And on Valentine's Day, they get a surprise visit from Cupid.

He doesn't shoot his arrows at them, but he does decorate their bedroom doors while they sleep.

He also leaves each of them a little baggie full of Valentines treats: chocolate hearts, red and pink jelly beans, lip-shaped gum drops....whatever he happens to find on sale. The bag is always placed directly outside their doors and in the center of some confetti hearts (Cupid's version of Pixie Dust) so that as soon as they wake up and leave their rooms in the morning, they find their goodies.
I just love their excitement when they find their stash each year!

1 comment:

  1. all I have got to say is your kids are so LUCKY!!! your amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...