Monday, December 12, 2011

Cake Pop Tip

A while back, I saw an idea for a really cute reindeer cake-pop. I loved it, and wrote it down to use in my activity advent calendar. This Saturday was the big day.

But when I went to get the instructions for how to make the actual cake ball part, everything I found seemed time consuming, and if you wanted it to work out right, you needed to buy special equipment, (pans, bakers etc). I was a little disheartened and almost moved on to something else.

Then I had a brilliant beyond brilliant idea.

Donut-holes. They are round, they are ready, and they are yummy.

So we shimmied off to Tim Horton's, bought a box of timbits, and came home to produce these fun little confections:

Granted, mine isn't as cute as the one I found online, but that is more a reflection on my own cake-pop decorating skills than the cake-within-the-pop. I totally recommend skipping the baking and using donut-holes.

Trust me, you'll thank me for this one.

3 comments:

  1. Very cute!! I agree, cake pops are time consuming, and this is a great alternative. But I still think if you have more time (like when you're not making cake pops in the middle of the Christmas season while 9 months pregnant), it's totally worth it to make the real thing. They taste SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one of the most brilliant ideas I have ever heard! I might actually attempt cake pops with the aid of timbits.
    I love all of your Christmas ideas. The mice are too cute.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...