Sunday, December 18, 2011

Class Gift - Grinch Pills



Can you read the poem off the picture? It says:

Feelin' kinda Grinchy?
Holiday spirit can't be found?
Then try these little "Grinch Pills"
They're the best medicine around!
Whether eating a whole handful,
Or munching one or two,
These tricky little "pills"
Take the "Grinch" right out of you!



The original idea I had found used green tic tacs and kept them in their packaging since they look so much like pills. It was so cute! But try as I might, I could not find green tic tacs ANYWHERE! I was let down, and so was my son who was looking forward to giving them away in school since he thought they were so funny. We looked for other ideas, but this was our favourite, so we tweaked it. I went to our local pharmacy and bought empty pill bottles, and then instead of tic tacs, inside each pill bottle are mini green jelly beans. (Dark green is watermelon flavour, and the light green is apple). Of course, around Christmas time, it is very easy to find green candies, so there are lots of other choices if you aren't a jelly bean fan. M&ms or holiday Smarties come to mind.

Here is the link for the tic tac version:

http://scrapcationgetaway.blogspot.com/2010/10/grinch-pills-free-scut-file.html

She has a pattern all ready for you to print out...if you can find the tic tacs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...