Monday, October 17, 2011

Candy Corn Marshmallow Pops

As you may recall, I have a bit of a love affair with candy corn. Last fall I used them for Turkey Treats, Halloween Jello, cute cupcakes, and inspiration for tissue paper puffs.

I think it is safe to say, I find candy corn adorable. (funnily enough, I love the look of candy corn, but I don't actually like the taste of it. Ha!)

So this year, in an effort to find another fun way to use my favorite fall motif, we made candy corn marshmallow pops. So easy, so fun, so cute. (And so yummy!)

What you need: waxed paper, yellow chocolate melts, orange chocolate melts, jumbo marshmallows, and lollipop sticks.

Step 1: Insert the sticks into the marshmallows.

Step 2: Melt the chocolates. I did it in my microwave by heating them up 1 minute at a time, and stirring in between. You can also use a double boiler on your stove if you'd rather.

Step 3: Dip the marshmallow into the first colour until there is just a ridge of white left at the top around the stick. Let the extra trail off so you don't end up with a big 'blob' of chocolate at the bottom. Place it down on your waxed paper.

Step 4: Repeat, repeat, repeat. Let the chocolate dry before moving on.

Step 5: Dip in the second colour of chocolate, leaving a band of the first visible. Just like before, let the excess trail off before you put it on the waxed paper.

Step 6: Repeat, repeat, repeat.

When you are done, and they have dried, they will look like adorable little candy corns! How cute, right? Except....for all my love of the candy corn, I made a mistake and switched the order of the colours. To make it like a REAL candy corn, you need the yellow on the bottom and the orange in the middle. Oops! I was so annoyed with myself when I realized what I had done. But, on the upside, they are just as sweet as they would have been otherwise.

This whole project was probably about 30 minutes, including the drying times, so it isn't something you need to book an entire afternoon off for. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you’re thinking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...